WHEN WILL I KNOW WHAT TEAM MY CHILD IS ON?
- You can expect to receive your child’s team information following our volunteer coaches meeting (which is normally scheduled the Saturday prior to the start of the program).
- Team and game information is communicated via email by our sports director through Playerspace (youth sports communication system).
- Volunteer coaches will also be instructed to contact the parents of their team via phone, following the volunteer coaches meeting.
CAN MY CHILD BE ON THE SAME TEAM AS THEIR FRIEND/CLASSMATE?
- You are able to request a coach, player or practice day (if applicable) that works best for you at the time of registration.
- The sports director will take all requests into consideration when creating team rosters, but cannot guarantee that your requests can be accommodated.
HOW DO TEAM ROSTERS GET BUILT?
- When constructing teams, the sports director takes into consideration: siblings, coach availability, friend/coach requests, school and gender breakdown.
How are practices/games scheduled?
- Options are determined by available space within our YMCA and off-site locations.
- In an effort to mitigate scheduling conflicts, the sports director also takes into account siblings and if a volunteer is coaching multiple teams.
What equipment is needed?
- Athletic shoes
- YMCA reversible jersey for youth basketball/soccer/t-ball leagues.
- Available for purchase at the welcome center, if you do not yet already own one.
What is the weather policy?
- Youth Sports Leagues | parents and coaches will be sent a text alert and e-blast via Playerspace. Cancellations will be communicated to the welcome center at the YMCA.
- Sports Camps/Clinics | sports director will contact parents directly via phone call. Cancellations will be communicated to the welcome center at the YMCA.